Friends are not forever, but for as long as you live.
And that is long enough, so choose wisely
But first take the trouble to decide who is a good friend.
1. A good friend is someone who tells you what you need to hear, not only what you want to hear.
2. A good friend is someone who stabs you in the chest (who corrects you), not in the back.
3. A good friend is someone who reminds you about doing something for your life after death, for the day when you will stand before Allah.
4. A good friend is someone from whom you learn new things.
5. A good friend is someone whose silence you find interesting and relaxing and whose conversation is enlightening.
6. A good friend is someone who is interested in you enough to devote time and thought to you.
7. A good friend is someone who you can look up to and hold as a role model.
A good friend is someone who is always there with you even when he is not. A good friend is someone who you can meet after a decade and pick up a string of conversation as if you’d met him the previous evening. A good friend is someone who challenges you to be and do your best, one who will not accept your excuses for poor quality or laziness. A good friend is someone who is happier when you succeed, than when he succeeds himself.
I had such a friend and his name was Berty (Cuthbert Suares, Jr.)
Now hold on a minute before you start judging your friends, which you must do of course, but ask yourself first, ‘Am I a ‘good friend’ to my friends?’
Lest we find one….with the above parameters of friendship….
I agree though that the world is not devoid or empty of such souls….
I fully endorse the below Criterion before judging friends….therefore; let's be good friends to find a good one for ourselves….Well Said Sir.
Now hold on a minute before you start judging your friends, which you must do of course, but ask yourself first, ‘Am I a ‘good friend’ to my friends?
Friends what a beautiful relationship. Of course we need to have good company otherwise the same company of friends can also destroy us.
Dear Yawar, thank you very much for this post. It is something special for me. I have friends who are not on this earth but still living with me. You have articulated many peoples' emotions. It is possible only through friendship. I am sure that most of them want you to be their friend for ever. I am one of them. With lots of love
This is one of those posts which should be circulated on social media as a whatsapp forward. Beautifully written. Should be disseminated widely. I like the last paragraph the most. Before we begin blaming others for how they fell short of friendship standards, we would do well to introspect. Yawar, thank you for being my friend.